Andrew Minchew's Internet Foyer
Earth human. Husband. Father. Nerd. Trying to share my observations on a journey peppered with board games, video games, comedy, science, technology, the web, DIY, miniatures, RC cars, drawing, illustration, art and design.
If you got here without having any of my contact information, and you need to get in touch, you're welcome to shoot me an email... andrew minchew at gmail should do the trick.
Rather than try to make this website do all the things, I thought I'd use it as a hub to point to my other web spots:
- QuikCal - I've long been a fan of Dsri Seah's Compact Calendar (a whole year on a single page with room for notes and no layout jankiness between months). I thought it might be cool to turn this idea into a little bit of web that would generate 365 days before and after today and lay it out nice and tight, so I talked it over with ChatGPT and here we are.
- MicroJournal - I found myself not journaling because I didn't have time, while also constantly thinking about re-engaging on social media just to have somewhere to share a quick dumb thought and get the satisfaction of seeing my own words in the web browser, so I made this little micro-journal project with ChatGPT's help. Basically you input to the field at the bottom and it stores a record in the local storage on your device. If you want to pull your records for use elsewhere, you can export as CSV from the settings.
- Blog - I have fond memories of blogging from way back in the wordpress & blogger days. I enjoyed a creative writing class in college. I have a tendency to undercut the value of my own opinions. Slowly building back up to some kind of publishing momentum.
- LinkedIn - I've slowly but surely tried to deactivate and delete my various social media accounts because I don't think they're doing anyone any good, but LinkedIn feels important because work and jobs.
- Metaverse studio - I haven't given up on the Metaverse just yet and so far, this has been one of the more practical applications I've found. It's somewhere between Fortnite and Zoom and I still enjoy it when visitors drop in. If I'm available, when I get notified of a guest, I'll definitely pop in. Still noodling on ways to make the space more interesting.
I have every intention of spiffing this place up a bit and adding more links in the future. Just trying to take one step at a time.